Tuesday, February 27, 2007

To all the mommies of little ones...

I am a HUGE lover of books, and I have read tons of parenting books, but I think the best hands-on lessons I have learned on parenting are from the show "Supernanny". I TiVo it so when Nate is at school, I stay up late watching it, (ie. last night). HELLO, I was bawling WITH the mother with 3 kids who is emotional, pregnant, and the oldest having A.D.D. and only 7 years old. It gives techniques to deal with specific problems like, hitting, "grazing" food all day, homework difficulties, staying calm, socializing and recognizing a lonely child. Added bonus: you turn off the tube glad you have the kids you have and not the little terrors that other parents are dealing with. (Although they really are not terrors for the most part, just doing what they know and have been taught by their parents). Try it, you may like it.