Tuesday, October 07, 2008

An invite, some animal products, and a new do.



Here's my proof that we did it. Nathan and I ran the Bay to Breakers in San Francisco 3 years ago (was it 3 years? I don't know) and there is no way to explain how exhilarating it was. We have committed to do it again this May and are actually "training" for it. (Although we are still very beginner-ish runners). I am inviting all the family to do it. Even prego's can walk in the back. Or come and cheer us on!
"ING Bay to Breakers is a 12K (7.46 miles) course. From sea level at the Embarcadero the course rises steeply along Hayes Street Hill. Around the 2.5-mile mark runners climb an 11.15% grade between Fillmore and Steiner, bringing them to the highest point in the race, approximately 215 feet above sea level. The remainder of the course gradually flows alongside the Panhandle and through Golden Gate Park." (from http://www.ingbaytobreakers.com/)

Some of the family goes to watch this race because you can imagine how free and lavish San Francisco is. (*wink wink ). Lots of people dress up for the race (which I am going to do). Entertainment at it's best! I have only started a month ago, but I am going to track my progression on the side of this blog so I stay committed. (My mental push).














4 pounds of straight bacon. That's all we ate. No just kidding. Our semi-annual Swirly Bacon party while watching conference. We had Kyle and a friend come visit. (By the way Kyle, I like her. Not that you need my permission.)
Yummy.















Like I mentioned before, Emma is on a roll. I found this in a pile behind my couch the other day. So.........












....we had to cut off her beautiful hair. It is sooo cute though.













:)