Monday, October 20, 2008

Two almost-hurls for the Mama.

No I am not pregnant. But I about wanted to puke during:

a) the 1.5 minutes where Emma said, "Hammy (the hamster) is gone! There it is!"...picked it up off the floor...and stuck it in my face where it looked at me with black crusty eyes in half-dead stiffness. Apparently it fell out and has been slowly dehydrating under Emma's bed. But it is still alive. After scrubbing Emma down, Nathan came home and gave it water and a "bath". Hopefully (but not really....oops did I type that?) Hammy will recover, otherwise we are in for a funeral soon.


b) the 5 minutes starting with Tyler crawling into the kitchen screaming and dripping blood. He was running BAREFOOT in the grass and the top of his foot rammed into the end of a pitchfork. Shut up. Nathan just walked in from work and threw a towel on it to stop the bleeding. I was shaking head to toe and almost couldn't breathe. (I was terrified that it went through the foot.) Long story short: took him to the doctor (same one I brought Mason into that night 7 months ago, love that woman) and they numbed him and stitched him up good. Lots of Tyler tears but we are relieved that he is updated on his immunizations and didn't need a tetanus.

That's it. I supposed you all didn't want the real pictures. Just mental images of rigor mortis-y vermin and pitchforked feet. Your welcome.