Sunday, March 08, 2009

wow

That's right. Wow. My word for the weekend. Saturday = 4 hour nap for the Momma. And I surely did need it for the rest of the weekend. I played in my Roosevelt Pops Symphony Saturday night and during Pavane I see out of the corner of my eye Emma and Hailey running up to the front of the stage and taking pictures of the symphony. THEN, Emma starts twirling around and doing "ballet". I see a man from my ward in the front row snapping pictures of her (will post asap), but THEN she climbs up the stairs right behind the conductor with a big grin on her face to wave "Hi!" to me.


hi.



After the audience laughs and I go back from beet-red to normal Utah-tan, we drive home. (Mind you at this point Nathan is wiped out from wrestling with the 4 kids by himself, and apparently Mason does not enjoy being quiet for 80 minutes of live music). We get pulled over twice (2 different cops) to let us know about the burned out bulb in the back. Gotta get that fixed.
THEN, in church today I accompanied 8 kids doing a little music medley in sacrament. And wouldn't you know, Emma decides to join the group and sing, (which means standing in the front and waving to the congregation the whole time with a big grin on her face). We walk back down to our seats and I find her Sunday shoes/socks under the bench. That's right, barefoot. And since I didn't realize it was daylight savings time this morning and I got all 4 kids and I ready in 25 minutes, she ended up wearing Hailey's dress which hangs down the front neck area, oh, say a nice 5 inches. Plus she had unbrushed nappy hair and red lipstick on. Not a pretty day.
THEN, we get home and Emma tells me she doesn't want to blow her nose because the boogers are her friends, but she doesn't know their names because they are at the rec center.
Oh, I mean Emma Lemon. She told us to call her that. Or Emma Lemonade. Or Sparkles. And she named me Mo, Bone or Milk.

Can we say imagination?