Tuesday, May 12, 2009

FHE is the best.

Had to write this down. Last night we had the simplest Family Home Evening reading a children's book called "I am a Child of God" which I picked up at BYU during Woman's Conference. Read a scripture, sang some songs, and then went and played catch in the backyard. Afterwards we sat in a circle to eat ice cream sandwiches together and our entire family except Nathan got the "giggles". Nathan kept saying, "Everybody be quiet and listen to the birds and crickets," and sure enough we would all try and then start cracking up. Tyler had tears running down his cheeks and he asked, "Can someone die because they are laughing so hard?" Then Emma tried to walk like the rooster while being cross-eyed. (Wish I had a picture). Then we dog-piled on Nate. Then me.
When I was putting Hailey to bed she said, "This was the best family home evening I ever had."
Sweet.