Friday, May 15, 2009

Surreal morning

Life has been busy. I feel like I am up to my eyeballs in baseball, (both Tyler and Hailey), and I am surround by mess, chaos and animals all the time. But this morning Emma went to a friends house and Mason is STILL ASLEEP. (We are going on 19 hours people). He apparently is wiped out, too. I keep checking on him and he goes from stink-bug to flat on his back every half hour. 
    Anyway, I can't believe how much can be done around the house when I am alone. I did a ton of house work this morning (even touched up the scuff marks on the walls with paint!), and then finished my new "project". A reading corner in my kitchen. "READ" and "I cannot live without books".-Thomas Jefferson, with a picture of a never-ending path in the woods to stimulate and inspire my children to lose themselves in a good book.  When Tyler saw it last night he rolled his eyes and Hailey pretended she was dying because she "needed a book RIGHT NOW!", so my plan has only inspired mocking from my children, but I just KNOW that they will want to curl up with a good book soon.