Tuesday, June 09, 2009

I promise we are here.


This is a picture of me in Hawaii. Pointing to the insanely gorgeous "popcorn" flowers on the tree behind me. (Um, let's just say I have had it with blogger. Even in Oahu Hawaii I have trouble uploading pictures.)
Despite my picture problem, did you miss that? WE ARE IN OAHU, HAWAII!!!! Our late 10 year anniversary celebration is in fact a vacation of a lifetime. After a brutal airplane flight, (so very very long), we arrived to a feast of the senses. Truly the Hawaiians have figured out how to make the ocean insane shades of blue, the flowers every color of a crazy vibrant make-believe rainbow and the sand white as snow. Even the chickens running around everywhere are beautiful. (Can't escape chickens for some reason). We took the long way in our rented convertible, (highly recommend this in Hawaii), and were amazed that a city could smell so sweet. Seriously even the dump we drove by smelled and looked like paradise. If I couldn't be a Utah mom I would be a Hawaiian bum.
We stopped at a random hole-in-the-wall dive and enjoyed THE most succulent melt-in-your-mouth pork and super soft, warm, sweet pineapple. In fact we have had pineapple with every meal. And this is no Dole's pineapple in a can.
We then took a "nap". (I say "nap" because it was more like a half night's sleep. Like I said, the flight is brutal). We napped 5 hours and then stayed up until 1 am walking along the beach here at the Turtle Bay Resort. (Which would be 5 am Utah time). So basically I have no idea where my internal clock is which really doesn't matter since Nathan and I resolved to NOT look at watches and clocks the majority of the trip. When our bodies say eat, we eat, (preferably pork and pineapple). Sleep? Let's take a "nap". Swim? Only twenty yards away. Today we snorkeled with turtles, an eel, schools with at LEAST 100 fish and some crazy looking sword mammal-ly type things. Afterward the Turtle Bay Golf Course was calling Nathans name so I sat in the golf cart and read yummy books while Nate played. We fried quite a bit by this time but it was so peaceful. 30 minutes of silence passed with neither of us talking many times. Lovely lovely lovely.
I really wanted to put some pictures up because I told my sweet children that I would "talk" to them through this blog so they could see what we were doing. I miss them-as in crazy miss them! Grandma Linda is taking great care of them I am sure. (Mahalo mahalo mahalo Mom!!!) I could never enjoy a week long vacation if I was worried about my babies, but I know Mom is doing a fabulous job. We received a text that said they were sleeping in the clubhouse out back until a 3:00 am rain shower. I am sure they are having fun with Grandma. :)
I think it is time to sleep now. Sweet hubby of mine is already out and I need to catch up on my zzz's so I can keep enjoying the good life and ruin 7 months of gym workouts in 7 days of borderline gluttony and laziness. Nathan is trying to talk me into going into a shark cage tomorrow. Yea right. In his dreams...