Thursday, January 14, 2010

No No No No No

Tyler is growing up and it makes me sad/scared/unnerved. Here we go with our conversation tonight:

Tyler: "When can I go on a date?"
Stacey: "The prophets council us to not date until we are 16, and then only on casual group dates."
Tyler: "Dang."
Stacey: "What do you think is a date?"
Tyler: "When you are with a girl and have a romantic time somewhere, like the circus."
Stacey: (Laughing on the inside.) "Well, I know you are growing up and it is okay to start noticing girls..."(...on and on until I'm interrupted):
Tyler: "So when can I kiss?

Well.

So this conversation was after the most heavenly dinner that I made: cajun spice baked salmon, sweet corn and spicy crinkled french fries. I was in heaven because it was all overly cooked and extra spicy (which is what I favor). Wasn't even ruined by the fact that Nathan stayed at work late doing homework, (since I texted him the entire time and his mouth was watering which made it all the more fun), nor was it ruined by Mason throwing corn everywhere, nor was it ruined by the other kids being mega-hyper and running around in circles through the living room and kitchen. (Where's the discipline?!?) I really didn't care. I was stuffing myself with heartburn-inducing magnificent cuisine.