Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tutorial on how I put Mason to sleep.

a) Sound machine
b) Blanky on my shoulder. Mason's head on blanky.
c) I sing, "Hush Little Baby".
d) I say, "Hold you like a baby."
e) Mason lays down like a baby in my arms.
f) I sing, "Give Said the Little Stream".
g) Give and take time:

me: "Dada"
Mason: "Dada"
me: "Mama"
Mason: "Mama"
me: "Bubba"
Mason: "Bubba"
me: "Hailey"
Mason: "Hailey"
me: "Emma"
Mason: "Emma"
me: "Baby"
Mason: "Baby"
me: "Mama..."
Mason: "Mama..."
me: "loves..."
Mason: "loves..."
me: "baby!"
Mason: "baby!"

h) Lay in bed.
i) Kiss nose.
j) Rub eyes with thumbs
k) Say, "Go night-night."
l) And off he goes to Baby Sleepyland. (Which I believe is like Disneyland, but for babies.)


Same thing. Over and over. Nap-time, bed-time, nap-time, bed-time. Since he was born. Love it. Love that it is written so I can read back on it when I am 100 and reminisce. And cry probably. :)