Friday, January 22, 2010

You know you are a Mormon if...

...you know who Jon Schmidt is. He came up to Vernal tonight and I took the 4 kids to a "piano student pep talk" he did a few hours before the major show. He's awesome. Played all the lovelies, (Waterfall being the best!). Some of the highlights:

-He announced he will sign autographs at the end and Tyler looks up and says to me, "Hurry Mom, let's go get my Shaquille O'Neal poster!". (What!? I don't think Tyler gets autographs. You don't sign other people's stuff.) Weirdo.

-Got a picture with him and the 2 older kids.

-Am now inspired to take piano lessons and learn how to play upside down.

-He played the youtube sensation of "Love Story Meets Viva La Vida and said, "I was thinking we would get about 10,000 hits on youtube to see it, and it went to 3 million. I was amazed how far it got around the world. It even made it to Vernal."

:)

-Inspired Tyler in particular. Especially when he told him, "We need cool guys like you to play the piano."