Friday, October 22, 2010

The artist of our family...

I finally got Hailey to try the paint-by-number kit she got for Christmas LAST YEAR. Then I didn't see her for 4 hours straight...


 I think she loves it.
                                      
(Video of Hailey acting out a role from The Princess and the Frog. Wowzers. Girl has a growl!)


Other thoughts from my brain:
       After picking up my 1,357,328th piece of trash off the floor, I realized (lightbulb turns on) "KIDS CAN PICK UP THEIR OWN MESSES!" Duh. What have I been thinking? Sometimes I think my brain came out when I delivered Tyler 11 years ago.
       So we had a family council the other night and Nathan asked the kids what we can do to fix the problem. At school they have to "pull a card" for misbehavior, so they decided they want to do that. We bought a little book that holds index cards. I wrote a variety of "punishments" on them. (Dishes, vacumn, etc.) This afternoon little Emma threw a stinking banana peel on the floor. (What the?!) I'm not going to lie. I was totally going to let her get away with it. (Again. Where's my brain?) For me she is still a little girl, but she ran over to our book and had to take out all the trash from upstairs. I told her just the kitchen one, but she did every.single.garbage.can, (there is about ten!), AND put new sacks in them. By herself. Wow.
She also had to vacumn her room a few hours later. Not as exciting the second time pulling a card.
We also voted that this punishment doesn't apply to Mason. :)   (Even when he eats cookies IN MY DANG BED. Hmmm, I need another idea for 2 year-olds...)