Wednesday, December 22, 2010

WOW a winter wonderland.

What in the world happened? We had 40 degree weather up until December 18th, and then one morning we woke up and it snowed enough to be measured in the FEET. I felt the city kind of panic: school buses refused to drive, cars were stuck, and kids begged for more gloves. (How come we never have enough?!?) But after the snow plows came through everyone calmed down, and now my kids have managed to play in the snow for 9 hours in two days.
So I tried to be all "photographic" and make the picture seem "thoughtful", but it's just blurry-looking. :) Forget that...
A random FAT cat on my back porch. Just though it was funny.
Nate plowing at 6:30 am...
On his lunch break...

And at 9 at night.
(I think this garbage man outfit is awesome. He had it when we got married and dragged it around for 12 years, and now he wears it three times in one day. He loves it. :)
I got to help Emma at her kindergarten party. We played Christmas Bingo. :) I was sad that school was canceled the next day (snow) so I didn't get to help with Tyler's and Hailey's party. Bummer. I like an excuse to wear a Santa hat.
And we have done so good this flu season. Not a sniffle in sight except for me at Thanksgiving. But alas, it did hit our home. Tyler is running a 102 temp and strep throat. We need to get him healthy by Christmas, so he is napping in my bed right now. I hate when my kids are sick, but I LOVE to take care of them when they are down. Soups, cold rags, thermometers. Tyler said, "Your a good nurse, Mom". :)


Hailey is a nut. I always say she is my water girl because she loves the beach/swimming, but she is also my snow bunny. She LOVES playing on sleds, starting snow fights and making snow angels. I am talking hours at a time.

Mr. Mason Monkey. What a kid. He is fast becoming a stinker though. He LOVES to tease, and the "kids" (which is what he calls the older siblings) let him. His new trick is taking off his diaper and throwing it at Tyler's face. GROSS.
And this is how our lullaby goes before bed: (He helps me to sing at the end)

"Hush little baby don't say a.." "poop"
"Mama's going to buy you a mocking.." "poop"
"If that mockingbird don't"..."poop"
"Mama's going to buy you a diamond"..."poop"

This is followed by Give Said the Little Stream in the same fashion. :) Like I said, what a kid...