Friday, June 06, 2008

Jiggly Bum and Play-Doh Legs

I HAD to sit down and write this before I forget all the gruesome details. My issue with exercising is this: Can't Heavenly Father create a way to lose extra bonus calories on the treadmill simply for the obstacles a mother must deal with while running? For 30 minutes Hailey was hanging on the right side of the treadmill like it is a jungle gym singing as loud as she can to her 99 cent am/fm "ipod" (she doesn't know that there are waaay better Mp3 players out there), trying over and over to grab my ankle during the slower walking part. Emma is on my left side with her 10 gallons of Victoria Secret perfume on (4 different smells which = my stomach churning the whole time) while dropping a little doll brush on the treadmill to watch it "ride" down. Mason is sleeping and Tyler is "listening" for him, or so I think until Tyler comes down wanting me to fix his new yo-yo. So now I am stressed that Mason is awake from his nap screaming in his crib. All this for a measly 195 calories burned off. Oh yea, and my ipod is playing fabulous kid tunes like "Bert and Ernie" and On Top of Spaghetti, but I will take responsibility for that because I use all my computer time documenting these precious moments rather than fix my itunes play list.

P.S. The title of this post actually came from Tyler and Hailey's mouths. I laughed the first time they said it because it was so funny, now they ALWAYS say it. grrrrrr. But I still smile my "I-am-a-patient-and-pleasant-mom" smile just because I am patient and pleasant mom, right? :)