Friday, January 02, 2009

Utah the Beehive State

I know that after the holidays it is a natural time to be discouraged, tired and down. I feel the exact opposite. I feel invigorated and full of energy. I have learned a long time ago that being a stay-at-home mom in the winter can be loooong so I have to stay busy. Minus the daily work of making tons of food and cleaning up tons of toys, I am going to start my yearly spring cleaning now in order to be done by actual springtime. (I need to be outside when the world is beautiful and green, not cleaning dust bunnies under the beds.) I take a room, completely empty it, clean from top to bottom, and do all the little stuff like organizing closets, painting over Emma's scribbles, fixing broken stuff, etc. Last year I did not do this and it is so desperately needed.
I also am taking one class at a time at the Utah State distance college here. It is only one night a week after Nathan gets home, but I am excited for some history. (It'll take me about 8 years but I will get that teaching degree.) Lastly, my violin teacher here in Vernal actually lives in Salt Lake and has decided the weekly drives are too hard, so she has asked me to be her assistant teacher and I will be taking on 4 beginner students. Daily workouts, a Primary calling with lots of scout activities, 4 kids and one slightly-needy husband should round it out to give me lots of to-do's.
Yea for busy bees.

(But in all honesty it ain't starting until next Monday. So where is my Ben & Jerry's and DVR?)
:)