Friday, August 14, 2009

Bottom of the creativity well.

A sloooow Friday here. Vernal tends to be a little deserted on the weekends since a lot of families go to the "big city". Or maybe just trying to cram one more vacation before school? (Which is next Wednesday, and speaking of, Tyler and Hailey both got the teachers they wanted. Tyler's being a male teacher. I wonder what differences there will be with a man?) 
Anyway, they were friendless and beyond bored by 4:00 today so I said we were going to pick names out of a hat, go to the Dollar Store and buy a present for that person. I would then make them a scavenger hunt with the presents at the end.  At the store Tyler insisted he needed a few extra dollars, and I kinda got grumpy with him, (he's always wanting more money), but finally gave in. Here were the presents received:
Tyler to Me: 4 glass figurines of my children. 2 boys and 2 girls, each with corresponding hair color, and the oldest boy holding a dog. MY HEART MELTED. I apologized to Tyler for getting mad at the store and and now cherish this heart-warming present. LOVE it. (Although the dog part is his way of sneaking in the fact that he wants one for his next birthday. Bleh.)
Me to Hailey: Glasses. Her best friend is getting them and she thinks they are so cool. Remember when the idea of them were so intriguing ? Along with braces and a cast?
Hailey to Emma: A halloween pumpkin, (are we really into Halloween already!?!), that Emma LOVES.
Mason to Tyler: A miniature skateboard for your fingers. (Hey, we were at the dollar store. Not much to choose from).
Emma to Mason: A rubber sting ray.  I have no idea why?

All in all it ended nicely. The kids are in bed. They all sleep in the Emma's room now. The girls in the bed and Tyler on the floor. I hear a lot of suspicious giggling. And it is very loud. I think they realized Dad's not in the house and they aren't as afraid of big ole' momma. Nate is off on a motorcycle trip to Wyoming with his best buddy Seth. He's had a lot going on at work so I am glad he gets a little stress relief every now and then. 

And I think I will go and paint a wall. Yup, changing my mind again. The perks of being a home owner. Nate gets to come home to some surprises! :) hee hee