Thursday, August 27, 2009

First Days of School for All
















It came. It went. And time sped up from 0 to 60mph FAST. All of a sudden we are busy busy busy and it is great! The lazy days of summer sometimes feel too lazy by the time the end of August hits. Here's the report:

Wednesday morning Nathan woke me up at 7:00 am which I specifically asked him to as that is his wake up time. So have you ever felt like noises and touch are amplified when you are
sleeping? That's what happened with me. I told Nate to bug off (kidding.....but not really) and slept another few minutes. (Don't judge. Summer has been so very nice for sleeping in until 9:00 am for EVERYONE, including yours truly).
7:15 I jumped up and created yummy smells of pancakes and bacon for the kids to wake up to. Walked them to school at 8:05 (on the dot) and spent the day with Emma (who was very glad to have me back AND be the oldest boss in the house again) and Masos-Eats-Pesos. After getting a phone call a few hours later, (uh-oh. Poor Hay-Hay "fell in a puddle" and needed some new pants and undies. Nerves?), I came home and Emma and I made some chocolate chip cookies for the after-school hunger chaos. Tyler came home first and said, "I love my teacher Mr. Curtis. This is the best school year I ever had. Way better than 2nd and 3rd." (um, it's only been one day...). Hailey has Tyler's teacher from last year (Miss Jacobsen) who went the extra mile and even came to one of Tyler's baseball games. She already has a gaggle of friends and is very serious about every rule. (Miss Perfection). Great day other than the "puddle", which of course is what every mother wants.
Nate is gone to school in SLC as we speak and will be gone every weekend for the next 2 years. (*sigh*)SIDE NOTE: This is why I must have a private blog. So I don't think a scary boogieman will come to my house! Anyway, he started off with an intensive week up the Snowbird ski resort in Sandy (picture above), and I am taking 9 credits at Utah State (El Ed major) online, during Nate's lunch hours and one night a week. We need LOTS of school supplies in this house. And to add to the craziness, our dish washer fizzled out tonight. I totally just want to throw away all the dirty dishes and just buy new ones after our new dishwasher gets here. Bummer.