Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Getting the days on paper.

Emma and Mason are asleep. ASLEEP! And the school kids are gone. GONE! Which means I have a moment of silence. Since those don't happen often I thought I would quickly journal the last few days. Monday evening we went to a neighborhood BBQ at the Perry's home (a few houses down). Just 3-4 streets were invited, LDS or not, and there were over 100 people there.(My guesstimate). I looked around and realized I have really fabulous neighbors. They are a variety of ages and are such great examples of average people just trying to live a good life and be a good neighbor. I really love the area we are in. All the kids played Red Rover while it was crazy lightning. It quickly started to pour and everyone ran home. Good ending to a good bbq. Except after we got home and put Mason to bed all the lights went out, which was fun for oh, about 3 minutes. We all climbed on our bed with flashlights and no one would go to sleep. Sounds cool, but reality came fast. VERY claustrophobic. :)
   Tuesday, Nate came home for lunch and I dressed in my "nice clothes" and went and did an hour observation in Hailey's class for my Elementary Education class. It was awesome. I am surprised at how "techie" the classrooms are. The teacher had a huge board she wrote on that was computerized and a touch screen and all her lessons are powerpoint. Plus the daily schedule was  timed  with a timer and beeper throughout the day so that she knows when to move on tho the next subject. I think it would be hard to keep the kids on task all day, but at least she knows if she is going to get through the lessons for the day.
  Well, Mason is bellowing in his room. "Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!". Off I go to clean a stinky bum and start another round of breakfast.