Saturday, December 18, 2010

I'm giddy. :)


Giddy is kind of an ugly word but it totally describes the week before Christmas with little kids. Who cares about Christmas morning, it is the anticipation that is so fun!

Santa Claus came for our ward party. I had to MAKE Tyler go talk to him. What an unbeliever. But he did tell him his "wishlist". Legos are a big part of that list. Emma asked Santa for lipstick. (What???) Hailey wants a camera and Mason a "choo-choo".

Speaking of Tyler, he is growing up. I find him on our bed quite a bit watching basketball and reading at night. He likes to come lay on our bed and usually climbs in it right between Nate and I. The worst is after basketball because he pulls of his stinky socks and his feet smell is SO ferocious! But I love that he cuddles with us.
 This would be Mason's face when he opened up a "goody bag" from Santa and found an orange. :)
 I have no idea where my kids are in this picture, but Tyler Hailey and Emma all had school performances. The 5th grade boys got to dance like ballerinas in "The Sugarplum Fairy" but as you can see the visibility was poor. Plus, all the tall 5th graders were in the back row hiding and giggling the entire time.
Lastly, I was able to be in The Messiah in Roosevelt with the symphony I play in. We had a HUGE choir behind us and it was the first time I have participated in The Messiah. I had to fight the tears while I played (two songs in particular). The crowd stood and sang "Hallelujah" and I was almost sobbing. Everyone (including the conductor) was trying to hold it together. I highly recommend enjoying this performance during the Christmas season. It is almost a spiritual experience to hear the life of Christ put to music and sung about it such a beautiful way. I STILL am getting chills thinking about it. :)