Friday, January 09, 2009

1st days

   The first day of school was awesome. I go to the Utah State extension 5 minutes from my house, and my teacher is in Logan teaching 7 different cities throughout Utah using an interactive video conference. We can see and hear each other, and when he asked where we specifically were from, I yelled "Vernal" really loud. A boy in my class picked up the intercom, pressed the button, and informed me that, "We have to speak in this." EMBARRASSING. While I am the only girl, I am not the oldest. (See, 30 year-old's are still young). I felt bad for the Price classroom because there was only one lonely girl there. But it was a cool feeling to have a bond with 50-60 students all throughout Utah. (Also, my teacher was funny, organized and efficient, so I have a feeling I will get a better grade than the last time I tried to do this at CCSN in Vegas. Can we say F MINUS!? Ouch)
  The first day at the gym was awesome as well. I was on the bike and an elderly little lady got on next to me. I noticed she was somewhat lost and confused, so I walked her through the "start-up". She admitted she was scared because this was her first day and I told her I think she was doing great. Her husband came over later and said thank-you for talking to her because she was nervous. My point: almost everyone is scared the first time of anything. And some of us do stupid things like yell "Vernal" really loud and ugly. (And slightly nasal-y.) Oh well.
   Nathan had a first day of work on Monday because he has left Wells Fargo bank after 8 years and is at Zion's bank. We are still a tiny bit unsure about the path for our future, (back to school for Nathan or stay at the bank?), but for now we feel right about what we are doing. He won't admit it, but I bet he was a little nervous, too.  I am sure he will be fabulous.