Tuesday, January 06, 2009

What the??

a) -7. As in negative seven. DEGREES. Here. Yesterday. What the?!

b) Hailey has been begging to not sleep with Emma for awhile now. Emma talks too much at night while Hailey likes to immediately go to sleep. She asked if she could have her own room and I said we have only three bedrooms and we have to share. (I didn't even consider the bedrooms downstairs, which there are two.) After weeks of begging I finally said okay. If she can sleep down in the basement for a week than we will let her move down there for good. (Trying to be positive, while secretly knowing she will never do it.) WRONG. She ran downstairs all alone last night, hopped into bed, and slept in the freezing, dark, silent, dungeon-bedroom in the basement without a care. What the?! That wasn't supposed to happen. She is already planning out the colors and where everything will go. And of course now Emma is scared being alone and slept in our room last night. So now we have an empty room upstairs.

c) What do I do? When I take Mason into any store he screams like a happy crazy banshee for about 20 minutes straight. I was stopped SIX times by people cracking up and commenting on him. Of course he grins and loves all the attention. The janitor even stopped us and said Mason gets to be the Wal-mart baby. What the?! I really need to record it while at the same time trying to shush him, (I am sure it is annoying to some people,) so you can see I am not exaggerating. He is SO loud. Do all babies-of-the-family react this way because they are surrounded by noise? Is it nature or nurture?