Sunday, March 15, 2009

What I Know To Be True...

Heavenly Father creates the simplest, best and most exciting kid "toys". Saturday I took my four children and a niece and nephew to 2 places: 1) the Saint Patrick's Day Party at the Recreation Center, and 2) the park.  The St. Patrick Day party was well thought-out, cute and enjoyable. We stood in line for a cake walk, played a guessing game, ate candy, climbed a rock wall and had a race. The kids liked it. 
   Then I told them we could go to the park. This they LOVED. They all jumped out of the van and Mason and I just sat on the grass and just watched them. They were having SO much fun. They played in the sand, found an elder-bug nest, climbed trees and just loved being outdoors. Why do we spend all this money on toys when the best toys are naturally made and found outside? Mind you, I think there is a place for Wii, Barbies, Littlest Pet Shop, Legos etc,  but there is no doubt in my mind that kids prefer grass, mud, sticks and water. I need to keep this in mind next Christmas. :)

(And yes, I copied this title from my dear friend Oprah.)


And: As a side note, in order to protect these little babies of ours (and everyone in our families) I want to share this tip I got from a friend. It's: k9webprotection, a free and easy-to-use filtering service for the internet. Works great!