Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 2: A test for my 2 most-needed virtues in Motherhood: Patience and Perseverence

First half: 
Kids to school after eggs-on-toast-with-sausage breakfast. Yum! Watch a friend's son who is best buds with Mason. What this means is little boy noises/mess/loudness/energy/stinkiness, which I don't want to frighten anyone away with, (cough cough Rachel), but it creates all sorts of "fun".  And since Mason needs a buddy to play with and his buddy is adorable, I'm all for it. I still am able to do: 2 loads of  laundry, load of dishes, clean out two closets and fill 8 bags of D.I. clothes, take out 4 garbage sacks, pull the big garbage's to the street, semi-pick up girls room, chase down the boys outside, feed chickens and gather eggs, vacuum top floor of home, pack up 4 boxes of toys and go pick up Miss Emma from school where I got yelled at by a crabby janitor because I came in the wrong door. Grump...

Second half:
Drop off Emma at swimming lessons and because I am a "single mom" for two weeks, create a plan where 3 other mothers pick up Emma from swimming, bring Tyler home from a friends house and pick up Hailey for her first softball game. Well, this plan collapses as one mother loses track of the time (it happens) and I am thus allowed only 20 minutes of my much needed math lesson at school. I head home way too early, grab the kids, pick up diapers because somehow we ran out without my knowledge,  and go to the windiest softball game EVER. And I will mention that we did enjoy a "homemade" dinner this evening: oatmeal. (I think it's wonderful, but apparently it's not very fulfilling to Tyler.) Wendy's drive-thru tonight for 2nd dinner.
Gah! Despise....

The picture for today is actually of Mason and his (aforementioned) buddy Porter. It was taken last Friday at a ward party where we watched a short clip of the life of Christ and the Atonement. This is when they were "fighting" each other. (See spiritual movie in the background). I was not able to take a picture of them when they obnoxiously plugged their ears because they did "not want to hear the movie".


One of their more angelic moments. Few and far between, but I will take them when I can. :D

P.S. Nathan ate fried bull frog today in China. I'd rather eat oatmeal.